For this purpose EurekaBuild events will be organized around specific priority research themes where researchers from industry (large companies and SMEs), research institutes and universities can meet and negotiate collaboration, and where they will receive relevant information on how to set up a Eureka project.
Events will be organized by National Construction Technology Platforms in close cooperation with the Focus Area Groups, EurekaBuild members' National Umbrella Sector and Public Representatives and National Eureka Contact Person.
It is planned to hold 15 international brokerage events over the period of 3 years.
- List of all EurekaBuild events
- Reports from past events
- NETWORKS - Towards a Reliable and Available Public Infrastructure - Rotterdam, January 2007
- ICT - ICT and New Integrated Processes - Oslo, May 2007
- CULTURAL HERITAGE - Towards a Sustainable Built Environment and a Living Cultural Heritage - Athens, May 2007
- MATERIALS - Advanced Building Materials and Technologies - Telč, June 2007
- ICT - How to commercialize a good idea? ICT solutions as a source of development in the construction sector - Poznan, January 2008
- NETWORKS for sustainable environment and high quality of life - Dubrovnik, May 2008
- ICT & Automation - Energy & Resource Efficient products and processes - Birmingham, October 2008
- ICT - ICT and New Integrated Processes - Oslo, May 2007
- Info on coming events
- "Towards a reliable and available public infrastructure"
- "ICT and New Integrated
EurekaBuild Brokerage event held on 7 to 8 May 2007 in Norway was organised by the Nordic Countries NTPs.
The report containing all presentations and project ideas presented as posters during this event is available now. You can download the full report or use the links below.
- List of participants
- Opening, welcome - Per Jaeger
- Eureka and EurekaBuild, opportunities and processes - Bjorn Henriksen
- European innovation agenda, including CIP - Astrid Severin
- EraBuild initiative - Mika Lautanala
- Creating a Nordic technology platform - Jorn Lindstad
- Innovative building, a Nordic innovation initiative - Mika Rantakokko
- Funding schemes for Norwegian innovation projects - Helge Kildal
- ECTP Focus Area 7 (PICT) - Alain Zarli
- buildingSmart, information and demonstration - Jons Sjogren
- "Babel reversed, the new semantic world", on buildingSMART technology and knowledge systems, with focus on IFD library - Havard Bell
- Eureka project GeoSuite 2 - Berit Raadim
- The StandIn project - Svein E Haagenrud
- Project Ideas & Posters
- Lessons Learned
- "Towards a sustainable Built Environment and a Living Cultural Heritage"
EurekaBuild Brokerage Event held on 21 May 2007 in Athens was organised by the Greek NTP.
The organisers' report on workshop and brokerage event can be reached by clicking the image below:
In addition you can browse the program, list of participants and project ideas submitted to this event using the links below. All presentations held during the opening session of the event can be reached through "program" link below.
- "Advanced Building Materials and Technologies"
EurekaBuild Brokerage Event organised by the Czech NTP was held on 4-5 June 2007 in Telč, Czech Republic. 58 people from 10 countries participated in the workshop and brokerage event.
Detailed report on the event including all presentations, submitted project ideas and formed consortia is available online.
The first EurekaBuild workshop was held in Rotterdam on 22 and 23 January 2007. Full report containing results and analysis of this workshop, including all lectures and project ideas presented is available at http://www.deltaneth.nl/
- "Nanomaterials and Nanotechnologies for Construction Applications"
Spanish NTP has organised the fifth EurekaBuild Workshop and Brokerage Event focusing on Nanomaterials and Nanotechnologies for Construction Applications during the 5-6 November 2007. The event has taken place in Valencia.
Further details are available from the dedicated website.
- "How to commercialize a good idea? ICT solutions as a source of development in the construction sector"
Polish NTP has organised the second (and the sixth in order) EurekaBuild Workshop and Brokerage Event focusing on ICT as a part of annual conference. This event took place in Poznan, Poland. Details on conference are available from dedicated website at www.pptb.pl/konferencja.
Detailed report on the event including all presentations, submitted project ideas, etc... is available online
- "Energy Efficiency in Buildings. Brokerage of Project Ideas"
The Ministry of Environment of the Republic of Lithuania in collaboration with the Lithuanian Construction Technology Platform, Agency for International Science and Technology Development Programmes in Lithuania and Eureka umbrella project EurekaBuild has organised the EurekaBuild workshop and Brokerage Event. The event took place on 24 April 2008, during the 15th International Specialized Exhibition on Construction and Renovation "RESTA" in Lithuanian Exhibition Centre LITEXPO (Laisves Ave. 5, Vilnius).
During the Workshop the best examples of energy efficiency practice in buildings in Europe, the models of rational use of energy in renovation and new construction, the possibilities of utilization of renewable energy resources, future energy technologies and models in the context of sustainable development, the formation of new approach in construction market (promotion of green public procurement) were discussed.
The Workshop was attended by nearly 150 representatives of central and local government, interested institutions, academics, public organizations, architects and designers.
All presentations and project ideas presented during this event are available now. You can download them using the links below.
- "Energy Performance of Buildings Directive: Status, Best Practices and Further Steps" - Gergana Miladinova, European Commission
- "Learning by Implementing the European Parliament and Council Directive 2002/91/EC for Energy Efficiency in Buildings" - Frans W. J. van Ekerschot, Ministry of Housing, Spatial Planning and the Environment, The Netherlands
- "The Experience of Application of the Requirements on Energy Efficiency in Buildings in Poland" - Dr. Aleksander Panek, Warsaw University of Technology, Poland
- "National Energy Efficiency Programme" - Lina Uzsilaityte, State Enterprise "Energy Agency", Lithuania (not available)
- "Programme for Modernization of Multi-family Buildings" - Valius Serbenta, Housing and Urban Development Agency, Lithuania
- "Strategies and Implementation Plan of Research in European Construction Sector" - Luc Bourdeau, CSTB, France
- "Towards E2B JTI - Energy Efficient Buildings" - Javier Mardaras Adrada, Acciona Infraestructuras, Spain
- "Lithuanian National Energy Efficiency Research Programme" - Prof. Vytautas Martinaitis, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Lithuania
- "New Housing Construction in context with Energy Efficiency" - Norbert Wieczorek, Wien Sud, Austria
- "Ecofys VII study U-Values for Better Energy Performance of Buildings" - Dr. Audrone Endriukaityte, European Mineral Wool Manufacturers Association EURIMA
- "About the Eureka Umbrella Project EurekaBuild" - Svein Willy Danielsen, SINTEF Building and Infrastructure, Norway
- "Synergy Between Construction Industry and Research on Energy Efficiency" - Dr. Virgaudas Juocevicius, Lithuanian Construction Technology Platform
- "NETWORKS for sustainable environment and high quality of life"
The Croatian Construction Technology Platform in cooperation with Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts (HAZU) and Structural Engineering Conferences (SECON) organised the second EurekaBuild Workshop and Brokerage Event focusing on NETWORKS as a part of three-day conference on 23-25 May 2008 in Dubrovnik, Croatia.
The scope of the conference encompasses the 'state-of-the-art' in design, material specifications, construction, maintenance, safety, security, environmental impact and management of networks, focusing on, but not limited to transport networks: roads, railways, waterways, bridges, tunnels and canals. The conference addressed the following themes:
- Lessons from the past
- Network level issues - strategy and management
- Structural design for sustainable natural and man-made environment
- Advances in construction and structural repair
- Condition monitoring, assessment and maintenance for durable structures
- Innovations for higher quality of life.
Total of 49 papers were presented during the symposium focusing on themes listed above, including following keynote lectures:
- Croatian motorway network (J. Radic)
- Risk based health monitoring & inspection manual - Case study of Rion Antirion Viaduct (G. Hovhanessian & E. Laurent)
- Design of Peljesac bridge (J. Radic, Z. Savor, G. Hrelja, N. Mujkanovic, A. Vlasic & M. Franetovic).
In addition to the NETWORKS conference, EurekaBuild workshop with brokerage event was organized where researchers from industry (large companies and SMEs), research institutes and universities met and negotiated collaboration to set up Eureka projects under EurekaBuild label.
Programme and conference brochure are available now.
More information can be found at http://www.secon.hr/net_welcome.htm
- "ICT & Automation - Energy & Resource Efficient products and processes"
The EurekaBuild Project Brokering workshop was organised on Tuesday 28 October 2008 in NEC, Birmingham.
This seminar and half-day workshop, run by the Modern Built Environment Knowledge Transfer Network and Constructing Excellence, alongside the Interbuild international trade fair, provided participants with an insight into the EurekaBuild programme and helped to meet potential European partners in two key areas for construction and its suppliers: ICT & Automation and Energy & Resource Efficient products and processes.
All presentations presented during this event are available now. You can download them using the links below: