ECTP-E2BA-Eracobuild Conference 2011
Warsaw - 4 & 5 October 2011
ProgrammeClick here to download the programme.
Warsaw will host the 5th ECTP conference at the Radisson Blu hotel.
If you want to stay at the Radisson Blu, please fill in and send the hotel registration form before 02/09/2011.
After this date, reservations will be confirmed upon availability (unless the number of rooms pre-booked for the event is all reserved prior the deadline).
Download more practical information here.
Registration to the conference
Online registration is closed. Registration will be possible on-site, at the conference reception desk, on Tuesday 4 October 2011.
Let's Construct Europe's Future With Innovative Buildings and Infrastructures Construction and Societal Challenges.
As the European Union launches the "Europe 2020" initiative - a strategy for smart, sustainable and inclusive growth - showing how the EU can come out of the crisis and move to a more sustainable and dynamic growth path delivering high levels of employment, productivity and social cohesion, the Construction sector reaffirms its commitment to contribute to this move, by intensifying in particular R&D and innovation initiatives throughout its value chain. Actually:
The Construction sector promotes a resource-efficient, sustainable and competitive European growth:
- by creating an energy-efficient built environment integrating renewable energies,
- by providing the transport sector with modern infrastructures,
- by reducing the ecological footprint of products and services.
The Construction sector is a factor of economic, social and territorial cohesion:
- which gives access to proper and healthy housing,
- which improves the independent and inclusive life of the ageing and disabled European population,
- which preserves cultural heritage works.
The Construction sector plays a major role in European competitiveness:
- by improving the business environment,
- by developing a lead market in sustainable construction.
The Construction sector also creates new skills and jobs, fosters digital society, and is involved in smart growth initiatives through innovation.
This 5th Conference of the European Construction Technology Platform, combined with a Conference of the Era-Net Eracobuild, will show how the Construction sector contributes to EU2020 ambitions and illustrate the ECTP objectives to develop Innovative Buildings and Infrastructures to construct Europe's future, to innovate through research and integration of inputs from other sectors using appropriate tools (such as PPPs) in the next Common Strategic Programme, and to conduct two major European Initiatives:
- E2B: "Energy-Efficient Buildings" European Initiative
- reFINE: "Infrastructure Networks of Europe" Initiative
The participation of programme owners and managers from the Member States involved in the Era-Net Eracobuild will also illustrate the wish of building up a European Research Area in the sector.
Parallel sessions will be dedicated mainly to presentations of running European projects.
Key words: Sustainable Construction, European Recovery Plan, Energy Efficient Buildings, Efficient Infrastructures, Cultural Heritage, Materials, ICT, Innovation, Business, SMEs, ...
- ECTP - European Construction Technology Platform - www.ectp.org
- E2BA - Energy Efficient Buildings European Association - www.e2b-ei.eu
- Eracobuild - Networking of RDI Programmes in Construction and Operation of Buildings - www.eracobuild.eu
- ECCREDI - European Council for Construction Research, Development and Innovation - www.eccredi.org
|Tuesday 04 October 2011|
Welcome address by Polish Authorities and EC representatives; Conference overview.
Overview Presentations illustrating the scope of the Conference
|19:30-23.00||Conference Dinner (optional)|
|Wednesday 05 October 2011|
|15.30-17.00||ECTP General Assembly|
Additional working sessions on:
- EeB calls brokering
- ICT4E2B Forum
- Barriers to innovation
- SMEs in European RDI
Who should participate?
The conference is addressing stakeholders of the Construction sector interested in Research and Development activities and their turning over to Innovation (RDI) and future business opportunities. They include SMEs, big industry players and RTD performers, as well as decision makers and other important actors of the sector. Former ECTP Conferences which were held in Paris, Versailles, Amsterdam and Brussels were attended by over 400 people from the wider construction RDI community.
Stakeholders from other related sectors contributing to innovation dedicated to be implemented in the Construction sector are also concerned.
Call for presentations
Proposals for presentations regarding the topics of the conference, can be sent to the organisation committee...