Conference "Buildings and sustainability". Call for papers deadline on 30 July 2021
The 14th International Conference with the subtitle "Buildings and sustainability" will take place on 30 November 2021 online.
The collection of abstracts closes on 30 July 2021.
What are the main goals of the conference?
• Combining practical knowledge and energy to shape 21st centrury architecture.
• Sensitively adapt buildings toh the current conditions and needs of climate and sociaty.
• Raise awarness of the need for these changes across the construction sector.
• To build a growing community www.architects-for-future.cz, that helps to deliver the declared goals.
How is the conference put together?
1 day, 8 thematic blocks, 20 speakers from the Czech Republic and abroad.
Inspiring audiovisual presentations, reports and folowing expert discussions.
What is the conference about?
1st BLOCK OF PRESENTATIONS (focused on cooperation of Public Contracting Authorities (Regions, Cities, Municipalities) & Architects)
URBANISM AND APPROPRIATE CONDITIONS FOR THE CORRECT COMMISIONING OF SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE
How to balance well the principles of sustainability with the overall architectural quality of buildings and urban ensembles and not apply them at the expense of the aesthetic, user or technical values of the building.
2nd BLOCK OF PRESENTATIONS (Focused on cooperation of Architects & Planners & Energy Specialists)
INFLUENCE OF ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN, EXAMPLES OF GOOD PRACTICE
PROPER IMPLEMENTATION OF SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE
From architectural design to project documentation. Innovative architectural and urban design solutions for buildings and sites in practice.
What contribution topics are expected?
- Topic 1: Presenting a realistic vision and set goals towards decarbonisation of the buildings sector, requirements and experiences of cities and municipalities.
- Topic 2: Experiences from the preparation and implementation of energy self-sufficient urban areas, functional blue-green infrastructure in the context of the wider landscape. Commercial developer's perspective with its acceptable requirements.
- Topic 3: Examples of making development more efficient and achieving better quality.
- Topic 4: Examples of refurbishments to reduce energy demand and provide a healthy and comfortable environment.
- Topic 5: Examples of energy self-sufficient and passive houses, using recyclable natural materials and local resources.
The conference programme is prepared with an expert group of architects, planners, energy specialists, lawyers, economists, professional organisations and ministries.
Please send an ABSTRACT of your contribution in English by 30 July 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Source: Centrum pasivního domu