LIFE programme priority topics: 2021 - 2024
The LIFE programme has published a list of priority topics for the 2021 - 2024 period on CINEA (European Climate, Infrastructure and Environment Executive Agency) website.
Applicants to the LIFE Call for proposals should aim to address one or more of these priority topics. Around €95m will be available for the project ideas.
Building on the activities under H2020 Energy Efficiency, LIFE Clean Energy will continue to support projects that are building policy frameworks for the clean energy transition at all governance levels; accelerating technology roll-out, digitalisation and new services and business models; enhancing professional skills on the market; attracting private finance for and supporting the development of sustainable energy investment projects; and involving and empowering citizens in the clean energy transition.
The topics fall under LIFE’s four new sub-programmes: nature and biodiversity, circular economy and quality of life, climate change mitigation and adaptation, and clean energy transition.
There are seven priorities under the circular economy and quality of life sub-programme:
- Recovery of resources from waste – innovative solutions for value-added recycled materials, components, or products.
- Circular economy and the environment – supporting value chains set out in the EU Circular Economy Action Plan.
- Air – helping to implement air quality legislation and addressing urban, industrial, and rural environmental problems.
- Water – improving water quality and quantity as well as marine and coastal water management. Innovative technologies and tools for drinking water and urban wastewater treatment systems.
- Soil - protecting the quality of EU’s soil.
- Noise – reducing noise inside densely populated urban areas.
- Chemicals – lessening the impact of hazardous substances on the environment or human health.
- Environmental governance - supporting public administrations’ decision-making and voluntary approaches, assuring environmental compliance and access to justice, promoting behavioural change and awareness-raising.
Access the full article, with a summary of the topics for the 4 sub-programmes, the kinds of projects expected and some LIFE project examples on CINEA website.
Watch the recordings of the EU LIFE Call for Proposals 2021 Q&A sessions here.
Source: CINEA © European Union, 1995-2021