EDucation for Zero Energy Buildings using Building Information Modelling
Start date: 23.11.2018
Duration: 36 months
Coordinator: Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT)
Budget: 0.96 M€
The BIMzeED project focuses on the training needs for the current and future construction industry with the main purpose to encourage 1) better employability 2) low-carbon growth, 3) green and NZEB skills 4) increase in youth employment. The challenge of the BIMzeED project is to overcome skills mismatching and improve employability in the current European construction market by improving and extending the existing skills of Trainers, SMEs, site managers, craftworkers and other experienced operatives.
Aims of BIMzeED
- Identify the knowledge and skills gap in BIM and NZEB within the HEI and construction sector for each partner country.
- Update the knowledge and skills of Educators and Trainers and SMEs in the field of BIM and NZEB through provision of specific new innovation educational materials
- Stimulate development of new training and education programmes/modules in the fields of BIM/NZEB which can be integrated into existing HEI programme delivery.
- Transfer knowledge of BIM and NZEB to and from other countries
- Strengthen links between lecturers, industry and SMEs with innovative technologies and installations creating connected learning communities (viewing case studies, on-site site visits, industry demonstrations)
- Strengthen employability in teaching and SMEs, known as business development cooperation
List of achievements
Access the project publications here.
Contact person: Seamus Hoyne
Address: Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT)