Building Energy Advanced Management System
Start date: 01.10.2011
Duration: 30 months
Coordinator: ETRA Investigacion y Desarrollo SA
Budget: 2.72 M€
BEAMS strategic goal is the development of an advanced, integrated management system which enables energy efficiency in buildings and special infrastructures from a holistic perspective (i.e. considering the indoors areas, the public spaces around the facility and the interaction of the overall compound with the grid and urban network outside it).The project will include an open interoperability gateway allowing the management of diverse, heterogeneous sources and loads, some of them typically present nowadays in spaces of public use (e.g. public lighting, ventilation, air conditioning), some others emergent and to be widespread over the next years (e.g. renewable sources, electric vehicles).
List of achievements
BEAMS final results in short:
- A common Ontology, Information Models and Interfaces.
- A set of Greening Energy Positive Tools: integration of Renowables Sources (RES) and Electrical Vehicles (EV).
- An Open Gateway to interface to the energy subsystems within a facility.
- An Facility Management Environment.
- Large Demonstration in two emblematic scenarios: Football Club Barcelona Stadium & Campus University of Salento
BEAMS developed an advanced, integrated Building Energy Management system which considers energy efficiency in buildings and infrastructure from a holistic perspective. Via an open interoperability gateway, heterogeneous subsystems acting as sources and loads in the facility can be managed optimally e.g. by the building manager or energy service company. It was trialled at Barcelona football club.
Contact person: Manuel Serrano
Address: ETRA Investigacion y Desarrollo SA